Arabic Name : Qaranful, Kuboosh
Bengali Name : Lavang
English Name : Cloves
French Name : Clou de girofle, Giroflier
German Name : Gewürznelkenbaum, Nelkenbaum
Gujarati Name : Laving
Hindi Name : Long, Laung
Kannada Name : Lavang, Kalika
Kashmiri Name : Rong
Latin name : Myrtus caryophyllus Spreng.
Marathi Name : Lavang
Persian Name : Mekhak
Punjabi Name : Laung, Long
Sanskrit Name : Lavanga, Devapushpa
Urdu Name : Qaranfal, Laung
Clove (laung) is a natural antiviral, antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-fungal agent. It also holds aphrodisiac and circulation-stimulating capacities. The oil of cloves has been used in a variety of health conditions including indigestion, generalized stress, parasitic infestations, cough, toothaches, headache, and blood impurities.
Clove may play a therapeutic role in the following conditions :
Powerful germicidal properties :
- Clove (laung) is used extensively in dental care for relieving toothache, sore gums and oral ulcers. Gargling with clove oil can also aid in soar throat conditions and bad breath.
- An effective aid for food poisoning, Clove (laung) oil effectively kills many forms of bacterial infections from contaminated foods.
- Clove (laung) oil can be used to reduce infections, wounds, insect bites and stings.
- Clove (laung) is also effective in reducing fungal infections such as athlete’s foot.
- Excellent aid for skin disorders, such as acne.
- Clove (laung) stimulates the circulatory system, clearing the mind and reducing mental exhaustion and fatigue. It has also been used to aid insomnia, memory loss, anxiety and depression.
- Clove (laung) clears the respiratory passages, acting as an expectorant for treating many upper-respiratory conditions including colds, eye styes, bronchitis, sinus conditions, cough and asthma.
- Not only purifies the blood, but also aids in stabilizing blood sugar levels, and may have benefits for diabetic individuals.
- Clove’s antiviral and cleansing properties purify the body, augmenting our resistance to disease.
- Some research has shown that clove may be useful as a aid for premature ejaculation.
- Clove oil offers a powerful action against gas and bloating. It reduces gas pressure in the stomach, aiding in the proper elimination of food and toxins. It also relieves the discomfort of peptic ulcers. Effective for stomach related conditions including nausea, hiccups, motion sickness and vomiting.
- Preliminary studies suggest that clove oil may play a chemopreventative role, particularly in cases of lung, skin and digestive cancers.
General stress reliever :
Blood Purifier :
General Immune System Booster :
Premature Ejaculation :
Cancer Prevention :