Bengali Name : Hijlibadam
English Name : Cashew
French Name : Acajoubaum
German Name : Cashewkerne
Gujarati Name : Kaju
Hindi Name : Kaju
Kannada Name : Gaerumara, Turukageru
Latin name : Anacardium occidentale Linn.
Marathi Name : Kaju
Persian Name : Badame Pharangi
Sanskrit Name : Kajutaka
Urdu Name : Kaju
Description : The fruit is useful in diarrhoea, diabetes and mouth ulcers. It is nutritive. Also useful in psoriasis.
Other Benefits of Kaju :
- Cashews (Kaju) are rich in magnesium and copper, both of which are necessary for healthy bones. Magnesium also helps with the absorption of calcium into bones.
- The large amount of monounsaturated fats found in a serving size of cashews help to improve and maintain good heart health.
- One of the most helpful nutrients found in cashews, folate, largely helps your body maintain an overall healthy system.
- Cashews contain monounsaturated fats which promote proper cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of health diseases.
- Cashews are rich in anti-oxidants which help in the elimination of free radicals that can cause cancer. These anti-oxidants also help in inhibiting the aging process.
- Cashews contain high energy density and high amount of fiber. If eaten in moderate quantities, cashews have good effects on weight management.
- Cashews have high amounts of copper which is necessary for boosting energy and maintaining a greater flexibility in blood vessels, bones and joints.
- Cashews have a lower fat content than other nuts. Besides, they contain oleic acid which is helpful for diabetic patients.
- Regular intake of cashew nuts helps the body in utilizing iron, eliminating free radicals and developing bone and connective tissues.
- Cashew nuts have a high protein content which helps in promoting body building.
Contraindication : This has no contraindications.