Arabic Name : Lubaan, Kundur
Bengali Name : Luban, Salai Dhoop
English Name : Boswellia, Indian Frankincense, Indian Olibanum
French Name : Arbre à encens de l’Inde
German Name : Weihrauch, Indischer Weihrauchbaum, Olibanum
Hindi Name : Kundur, Salai, Salai-guggul, Laban
Kannada Name : Madimar, Chilakdupa, Maddi
Latin name : Boswellia serrata Roxb.
Marathi Name : Salai Cha Deek
Persian Name : Kundur
Sanskrit Name : Shallaki, Kunduru
Urdu Name : Kundur, Loban
Description : Medical investigations have shown that the gum-oleoresin, known as ‘salai guggul’, is beneficial in cases of rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and ulcerative colitis with no side effects as those seen with traditional drugs of choice. Boswellia was also found to improve blood supply to the joints and restore integrity of vessels weakened by spasm.
According to a review of unpublished studies, preliminary double-blind trials have found boswellia effective in relieving the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Two placebo-controlled studies, involving a total of 81 individuals with rheumatoid arthritis, reported significant reductions in swelling and pain over the course of 3 months.
In one study conducted at the Government Medical College in Jammu, India, nearly 60 percent of arthritic patients tested experienced good to excellent results against stiffness and pain. Over three-quarters of the patients in the study were either bedridden or incapacitated from doing normal work. Within two to four weeks after starting on the B. serrata extract, they reported a lessening of morning joint stiffness, pain, and improved grip strength. In another study of 26 patients suffering from arthritic knees, dramatic improvement was experienced within four weeks.
Kundur a disease modifying agent, is beneficial in chronic inflammatory conditions. Commonly known as salai guggul, Kundur reduces joint pain and swelling and increases mobility. It is absolutely safe in long term therapy and does not show any gastrointestinal side effects.
Benefits of Kundur (Loban) :
- Kundur (Loban) gently cares for joints.
- Kundur (Loban) supports the body’s natural inflammation response
- Kundur (Loban) provides an overall sense of well-being.
- Kundur (Loban) supports normal cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Kundur (Loban) offer broad health and immunomodulating properties.
- Kundur (Loban) provides relaxation and soothing relief.
- Kundur (Loban) helps reduce body weight.
- Kundur (Loban) supports the normal function of the body’s connective tissues
- Kundur (Loban) supports normal functioning of the joints
- Kundur (Loban) supports normal flexibility of the body
- Kundur (Loban) supports normal and comfortable range of movement
- Kundur (Loban) has been used extensively in Ayurveda for joint support
- Kundur (Loban) does not cause gastric ulcers or other side effects.
Recommended Dosage : 1 to 3 g powder of purified exudate.
Contraindication : The gum is not recommended for young children, pregnant or nursing women, or those with severe liver or kidney disease. Rare cases of nausea, diarrhoea or allergic skin rash have been reported as side effects.