What is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic lung condition. Inflammation, increased mucus, and muscle tightening cause the airways to narrow, and as a result, air can’t move through the lungs as well as it should, which makes it difficult to breathe.
Asthma is becoming more common each year, especially in children. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 300 million people in the world have asthma.
Causes of Asthma:
• Laughing hard, crying, shouting
• Smog and smoke
• Strong smells (e.g., paint fumes, perfumes)
• Suddenly breathing cold air
• Vigorous exercise
• Viral infections such as the common cold or the flu
• Cotton and flax
• Foams and paints
• Grains and cereals
• Insulation and packaging materials
• Animal dander
• Cockroach particles
• Grass, tree, and ragweed pollen
• House dust mites
• Air pollution
SYMPTOMS AND TYPES OF ASTHMA:
There are certain types that can be commonly seen such as:
• Seasonal asthma
• Continuous or intermittent asthma
• Daytime or night time asthma
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Coughing. Coughing from asthma often is worse at night or early in the morning, making it hard to sleep.
• Wheezing. Wheezing is a whistling or squeaky sound that occurs when you breathe.
• Chest tightness. This may feel like something is squeezing or sitting on your chest.
• Shortness of breath. Some people who have asthma say they can’t catch their breath or they feel out of breath.
Diagnosis of Asthma:
It can be diagnosis with the help of certain symptoms and tests .They are as follows:
• Lung function test
• Medical history
• Physical exam like
i. Examining your nose, throat and upper airways.
ii. Use of stethoscope to listen to your breathing.
iii. Examining your skin for allergic conditions.
An interesting aspect about the natural treatment is that the drugs are not the same for all people with asthma. Case taking is done in-depth and the remedy may vary from person to person since it depends on many factors, few of which are as follows:
• The triggers of the asthmatic attack
• Seasonal worsening of the illness
• Effect of moon phases (full moon, new moon, etc.) on the condition
• Time of the day when the asthma is better or worse
• Whether condition is better or worse from lying down, sitting, walking, stooping, etc
• The effect of emotions, foods, etc. on the attack
After taking all these points (and many more) into consideration, the physician arrives at a constitutional remedy that heals the condition from the root level without causing any suppression.
In cases that are not very severe, Natural Treatment can also help to reduce the need for conventional medications as well as reduce their dosage. There is reduced dependency on bronchodilators and steroid inhalers with continued natural treatment. People who regularly use steroid inhalers (and large doses of the same for a long time) must watch out for side-effects of the same such as:
• Irritability, mood swings, aggression, depression and insomnia
• Stunted growth in children
• Steroid psychosis in severe cases
• Oral thrush
In severe cases of asthma, the role of natural medications is largely palliative. At any rate, Natural Ingredients is strongly suggested for anyone who asthma, whatever is the stage of the illness.